Welcome back everyone. It has been wonderful catching up with students and parents this week and hearing some of the things people have done during the December, January holiday period.
We welcomed 31 new students to Cotswold last week bringing our starting roll for 2018 to 507 students.
The Fortnight Ahead
- Tuesday - Waitangi Day
- Wednesday - Senior Swimming Sports
- Thursday - Meet The Teacher
- Wednesday - Year 5 Sailing
- Thursday - Year 5 Water Confidence Activities
- Friday - CPSSA Weekly Sport
- Friday - Junior School Assembly
Waitangi Day - School Closed
School will be closed on Tuesday 6th February, 2018 – Waitangi Day. The school will open again on Wednesday 7th February, 2018.
Meet The Teacher
We will be holding Meet the Teacher meetings for all classes on Thursday 8th February, 2018. Each meeting will be held in your child’s classroom and will last no more than twenty minutes. There will be a ten-minute changeover period to allow parents with two or more children to move to the next classroom.
The aim of these meetings is to allow teachers the opportunity to give parents an outline of:
- Class Routines and Expectations
- Class Programme Home Learning
- Contact Details
Parents will also have the opportunity to view their child’s classroom, look at resources, their child’s books etc, and to ask any questions. The “Meet the Teacher” timetable is as follows:
- 5.00pm – Rooms 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- 5.30pm – Rooms 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18
- 6.00pm – Rooms 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Year 5 & 6 Cotswold School Swimming Sports
The Year 5-6 swimming sports is scheduled to take place on Wednesday 7 February at Wharanui Swimming Pool. Please note – the children will NOW be competing in their Year levels NOT age groups. Children competing in the 50m events will be selected to represent the school at the North-West Zone Swimming Sports and be considered for the CPSSA Triathlon.
Parent support - thank you to the parents who have offered to help with the running of this event.
Children leave school by bus at 9.00am. The first event is timed to get underway at 9.40am with children returning to school by 12.30pm
Cotswold School Bike Track
Thank you to Paula Fleming-Connell who has been the driving force behind getting a bike track, bikes and bike storage area for our school. The bike track is fully operational. Children are allowed to bring their own road legal bicycle to school along with their standards-approved cycle helmet and make use of the bike track during morning interval and lunch time.
- It is a parent’s responsibility to check their child’s bike is road legal and safe, that the child has a standards-approved cycle helmet, that the helmet is adjusted correctly and their know knows how to put the helmet on, secure it and also take it off.
- Students may not cycle in the school grounds during school hours (other than on the cycle track during morning interval and lunch time.
- Students must place their cycles in the cycle stands, or beside the cycle stands which are currently located towards the school entrance off Martbern Crescent.
- Students can also make use of the bikes and helmets that have been donated to our school. If you don’t want your child riding a bike please let your teacher know, or click thie link: https://form.jotform.co/cotswold/biking-at-school
A reminder that all property brought to school by students is the responsibility of those students.
- Cotswold Calendar: http://www.cotswold.school.nz/WebSpace/380/ Cotswold
- Newsletter: http://www.cotswold.school.nz/NewsCentre/Download/74dcf68b-a693-4cbf-bb23-44311cc59dd6
- Daily Notices & New Articles: http://www.cotswold.school.nz/NewsCentre/
- No Bike Track Use: https://form.jotform.co/cotswold/biking-at-school
- No School Provided Sunscreen: https://form.jotform.co/cotswold/no-sunscreen-please